Everyone Loves Fried Rice! This easy-to-follow quick recipe has an Asian inspired flare and flavor as compared to many other traditional style recipes. We are using our Hair Raisin’ Asian Seasoning Blend for this recipe. This can be served as a healthy main course or side with other Chinese or Asian dishes. You can easily add chicken, pork, shrimp or other protein to this dish. White rice may be substituted over the brown and the versatility of this dish means you can substitute a variety of other vegetables such as snow peas, bell peppers, broccoli, squash or bok choy. Here are some basic cooking tips you will want to make note of here to achieve the perfect Fried Rice.
Cooking Tips for Fried Rice:
• Use a high temp cooking oil. I prefer Grape Seed Oil
• Use a wok, as the cooking technique here is stir-fry. You’re doing this using a very hot pan with hot oil, while cooking in constant motion. The shape of the wok facilitates that action.
• The rice needs to be cooked properly. It should not be a sticky mess and you should be able to separate and fluff the rice easily by using a fork.
Asian Inspired Fried Rice
• 2 C. cooked whole grain brown rice
• 1 C. mixed vegetables, thawed & uncooked
(Corn, carrots, peas, green beans)
• 2 T. grape seed oil or other high temp cooking oil
• 2 green onions, chopped
• 1 C. yellow onion, chopped
• 2 eggs, lightly beaten
• ¼ C. soy sauce
• 1 T. Zesty Moose Hair Raisin’ Asian Seasoning Blend
Preheat a large skillet or wok over medium heat. Add the grape seed oil and heat.
Add in the yellow onion and the vegetables
and cook until tender.
Slide the onion and vegetables to one side and pour the beaten eggs onto the other side.
Using a spatula, scramble the eggs.
Once cooked, mix the egg in with the onion and vegetables.
Add in the pre-cooked rice, soy sauce and Hair Raisin’ Asian Seasoning Blend.
Mix until heated through and combined.
Add in the green onions, serve with your favorite dipping sauce
Prep Time: 20 Min.
Cook Time: 15 Min.
Total Time: 35 Min.